POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Silly.. 8-( : RE: Silly.. 8-( Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:23:06 EDT (-0400)
  RE: Silly.. 8-(
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 9 Jul 2002 17:44:23
Message: <3d2b5937@news.povray.org>

3d2b4067@news.povray.org...
> How come they 'look funny' at times.  Is
> it simply a matter of using to few points?  Heres an example of something
> using a simple 8 points to make a heart.

I assume you are using Hamapatch.
Your problem is that you are using only 8 points to make a heart, you need
more.
The problem at the bottom is an effect of the "only 8 points" and the way
you closed the patches.

In the following 3 images you can see how I did it, when I made a jewel:
Image 1 and 2 shows that a heart shape must have more than 8 points to work
The jewel was done using the default eight point curve, scaling and
extruding it. Nothing else.
The image 3 shows a render done in povray 3.5 xbeta.

For Hamapatch, there are some tricks and tips, and tutorials, and the manual
and models and...
at http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch

Anyway, if you want to do it with math, I remember there was an isosurface
that
looked exactly as a heart, don't have the source at hand (though someone
sure will tell you

Hope this helps.

Txemi Jendrix
tji### [at] euskalnetnet
http://www.geocities.com/txemijendrix

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'heart1.jpg' (13 KB) Download 'heart2.jpg' (32 KB) Download 'heart3.jpg' (7 KB)

Preview of image 'heart1.jpg'
heart1.jpg

Preview of image 'heart2.jpg'
heart2.jpg